Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

January 04, 2010

Job Searching? What To Consider...

1) Location. Q: What location will you (and your family, if you have one) be happy living? A. For me, I'm very happy living in Newark, N.J. or in any east coast city, for that matter, but I also would like to live abroad. By not living abroad, I feel like I'm missing out on an unique experience life. Resolve: Then again, a lot of people never live aboard, so why do I need to live abroad? Plus Newark is multicultural and diverse, and I can continue to take international adventure vacation periodically.

2) Job: Does the type of work being offered satisfy you? I'm always happiest when I'm researching or learning something new. If not, I'm bored. However, there aren't many jobs that offer constant learning. Most employers require "work" in exchange for a paycheck. Resolve: find "work" that requires research and analyses. Research and analyses tend to be associated with learning.

3) Compensation: Are you being adequately compensated for your work efforts? I believe I should be compensated well, but then again I don't have a lot of need for money. The happiest times in my life are correlated with me placing all my belongings in my car and driving off. The worst times in my life are correlated with owning a house and belongings. Why spend a lifetime accumulate "stuff" only to die with nothing? Resolve. Work for less money. Enjoy life and adventure.

My ideal job: an international job located in Newark NJ (or another east coast city), where I learn something new everyday, make a descent salary, but still have lots of time for adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Sounds like you haven't been in the job market for a while. Welcome back. Get used to the mantra "Don't like it? You're lucky to have a job, now get back to work" ...