Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

December 13, 2009

Job Search is On...


...and progressing fairly well. I've had phone interviews with a super-regional bank, research institutions and search firm. Face to face interviews next, I hope. I've basically been targeting large banks with lot of data, insurance companies and research institutions, all within the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic region. Most likely, I'll have to move, but that's okay. I like change. A new job, a new path in life, and a new city. It's all good.

I've been studying a lot too. In between sending out resumes and cover letters, I've been reviewing the BASE SAS prep guide. Once finished reviewing, I plan on taking the exam, and then continue studying for the Advance SAS certification.

I'm also reviewing Financial Risk Management prep guide. I want to take the FRM exam, but not until fall. They offer an exam in May, but studying for the SAS exams and searching for a job, sending out resumes, and possibly moving, might be an over load for the May exam.

I'm also reading the Basel II Accord. I've seen numerous job posting referencing Basel II and credit risk. Banks seem to be building up their capital management, risk-based pricing and credit scoring departments after this recent financial meltdown. My problem is trying to explain my five year "sabbatical".

No comments: