Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

February 21, 2005

World Power Sources

Wanting to bring my IPod on the trip, I’ve started checking out my options. For a portion of the trip we’ll be “overnighting” in hostels and other portion (greater portion) we’ll be at camp sites. In preparing for the hostels, I’ve found the attached international electrical system link to be an excellent resource. The site posts the voltage, frequency and adapter requirements for each country, and provides a good discussion of transformers and converters. When camping, I purchased a solar-powered “battery” from REI that produces up to 14 watts of energy. Hopefully, it will be enough to recharge the IPod and camera batteries, and possibly power a laptop computer. It’s a “SolarRoll” which measures 57 x 12 inches when rolled out flat, but it hasn’t arrived yet. Not sure if it going to work or not. Hopefully, it will. If not, I’ll have to rethink my power needs and sources before I depart.

No comments: