Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

March 09, 2005

Istanbul, Turkey

I made it to Istanbul. I’m typing on a Turkish keyboard, using a Turkish version of Windows 98 and I can barely see the letters on the screen. Interesting. I’m exhausted and my luggage is still in Frankfurt, Germany. It should be arriving ın Istanbul around 8PM. The plane was delayed in Newark, NJ because of the ice-snow storm. Hopefully, my sister-in-law made it home safely after dropping me off. I arrived at the airport at 3pm and the highways were a parking lot with numerous accidents. The plane took off at 7pm and the NJ Turnpike was still a parking lot (as viewed from the plane). Thank you, Theresa. I’m going to take a nap.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You're on your way! Good luck bypassing Iran!

Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike! I'm so jealous -- you're launched on the great adventure! And, you're in Istanbul -- I loved Istanbul.

It'll be fun to imagine someone we know there, taking it in. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Tell us whether you got the GPS & figured it out

Mike said...

Yes. I got my GPS. THANKS!!!! No I havent fıgured ıt out. Ill work on understandıng ıt ın the next couple of days. Mıke

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

All I know in Turkish is: Merhaba (Hello.. its similar to Arabic)... I am sure you will find it useful :-)

Marwana!

Mike said...

Marwan

A questıon for you. Frıday ın the Mulısm Countrıes ıs suppose to equıvalent to Sunday ın the U.S. Correct? How ıs the best nıght to go out....Thursday nıght?

Anonymous said...

Uncle Mike,
Did you ever get your luggage back from Germany?
The dome looks just like Disney Land!

love,
Josie