Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

March 13, 2005

Update – Istanbul, Turkey

The weather is just starting to get warm, not what I was expecting. We were experiencing snow flurries two days ago. Today, however, it’s sunny and 55 F. Looking forward to the warmer weather as we move south later in the week. I know I shouldn’t complain, in a couple of month its suppose to be in the 100’s and extremely humid (June in India).

I’m still fascinated by the computer in the hotel, not only is it circa 1998 with Turkish key boards, it is also plugged up with spare ware. Everybody has access to the internet and the hotel staff has very limited knowledge of computers. The receptionist wouldn’t let me use the computer yesterday. I later learned someone default the home page to an explicit, animated adult site. The receptionist didn’t know how to change the homepage and decided it was best to pull the plug. Computer maintained appears to be provided, on a volunteer basis, by the hotel guests.

Everything is going well so far. The thing I’m missing most right now is a place to run. I couldn’t find a place in the city. Hopefully, I’ll have more opportunities as we travel south into the country side. My legs and lungs are wanting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought that Istanbul only had the mosque. Had no clue about the Palaces! Very impressive!

Marwana