Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

June 19, 2005

TV and Movies – India


I found India music video channels and MTV-India to very hypnotic. MTV appears to be one of those international companies, like McDonalds, that knows how to modify their product according to the country's culture and a shrinking world.

I also saw my first "Bollywood" movie, Bunty aur Babli, in India with an all Hindu audience. What a great experience. I don't understand a word of Hindu, but I was able to get the essence of the movie just from the visuals. Granted during some parts of the movie, the movie looked more like a music video than a movie. One of my goals, when I return to the States is to add more "Bollywood" movies to my Netflick's list. Any suggestions?

One criticism of India's TV channels is that the "Cartoon Network" was dubbed in Hindi. Blasphemy!!

No comments: