Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

July 06, 2005

Update - Katmandu, Nepal


In Katmandu, I escaped from the truck (a.k.a. asylum) and stayed at a friend's house. My friend, Naren and I were housemates at Cornell. He now works for USAID in Nepal and lives in a huge posh house and employs a gardener and housekeeper/cook. During my stay, I've been participate in his ex-pat life which included a "hash" house run in the hills surrounding the Katmandu valley, attended a going away party and participated in my first yoga class, drenched in sweat. Naren also owns a DVD player and a small collection of DVDs, something I've greatly missed.

Tonight we have a farewell dinner for the people on the truck that will be leaving us in Katmandu. Some of the new people have also arrived. I think there will be something like ten new people on the truck to Bangkok.

This Friday, we leave to Tibet and China. The weather in Tibet should be below freezing due to the elevation. We�ll be crossing a number of mountain passes above 5000 meters. There are also very few hotels, so we'll be camping most of the time. We've been stocking up on warm clothing in Katmandu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that must be quite an adventure.Well I'll tell you something, when I went to a 4th of July party this year and we found a 2 dead mice it was very cool!Have you seen anything cool? Are you having fun?

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike Novak:
So I see that your in Nepal wait a second your in China no your in Nepal no your in China no your in Nepal no your in China.Oh whatever.