Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

July 22, 2005

Update – The Potala - Lhasa, Tibet


We just spend four days in Lhasa, besides white water rafting, we spent most of the time visiting Buddhist Monasteries around the city. The monastery pictured is of the Dali Lamas' previous home, The Potala.

On Saturday, we head northeast in to China, heading towards Beijing. We'll be traveling over the Tibetan Plateau where we will be "rough" camping (i.e. no showers or toilets) for five consecutive nights. If the current weather conditions are any indication of the future weather conditions, we could be in for a cold and rainy camping experience. Well at least the scenery should be stunning; great plains as far as the eye can see, with snowy peaks raising in the distance. After which the landscape softens to rolling green pastures, where herds of sheep and yak graze among the nomad yurts.

Also, note I can not view my blogsite while in China. I don't know why. I'm able to upload pictures and text, but I'm not able to view the actually site. Hopefully, the text matches the picture. Also, if I haven't responded to comments it's because I'm not able. I'm not sure when I'll be able to view the actual site again.

I’ve also added some additional entries to the toilet diary. Click on November on the lower right hand side of this page and scroll down to see the new entries.

No comments: