Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

September 22, 2005

Update - Counrty Side - Cambodia


The Southeast Asia portion of the overland trip is almost over. We just spent a couple of days at the beach in Southern Cambodia and now we are headed towards Bangkok, Thailand. We are expected to arrive on September 24. I'll be staying in Thailand during the month of October. My plans are to fly to Chiang Mai, which is city located in Northern Thailand, and check into a guesthouse for four weeks. While in Chiang Mai my plans are to enroll in a Thai Cooking (5 days) and Massage Class (5 days). The rest of the time will be spent reading, relaxing, writing, trekking, bike rides, etc. While traveling over the last six months, we never stayed more than 4 days in a single city (except Cairo where we stayed 5 days). I'm looking forward to staying put, in one place for 4 weeks.

In late October I will fly to Australia where I'll embark on another Overland Trip - down the east coast of Australia and up through the center of the country. See link for intinery details. I'll be staying in Australia until December 8th when I'll be flying back to the State. At least that is my plan for now.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,

Ive posted on here before (Steve, Dawns son). I just wanted to thank you, my mum is now home and safe and says she had the time of her life. I thank you as she said you are a wonderful person and got on really well.I hope you have enjoyed your travel round the world so far and that Australia holds what you are looking for. Hopefully one day we will meet and be able to discuss you getting me a job so i can move to America (joke)! Im sure my mum is keeping an eye on the site as well as i am, but incase she doesnt figure out how to post a message (my mum + computers (or any technology) = A big no no)I would just like to thank you and wish you the best with whatever you may do.

Your friend,

Steve.