Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

May 20, 2006

Weekend in NYC


I PATHed in the city to meet-up with Marwan, a friend from DC, and his brother Abdullah. Abdullah just arrived in NYC this afternoon from UAE. After purchasing half price tickets to “Hairspray”, we had dinner at a random Thai food restaurant, and then caught the show. It was my first Broadway musical, and I like it. It was also better than the movie, at least I thought so. Now they are making a movie of the Broadway show, go figure. After the show, we headed to “Splash” until 4:30AM. I was planning on heading home at 1AM, but never made it. I ended up sleeping on the cot in their hotel room. In retrospect, I’m glad I didn’t go home. The public transportation to Newark is crazy - long intervals between the trains and lots of drunken people – at 4:30 AM.

The next day, in the afternoon, we awoke. After checking out of the hotel, we embarked on a quick tour of the city. Eventually, I headed home later in the afternoon from the former WTC site. I later learned Marwan and Abdullah continued to walk north through the city and then went out clubbing again that night until 2:30 AM. They caught the last train to D.C. at 3 am. It was Abdullah’s first time in NYC.



Marwan (right) and Abdulla (left)

No comments: