Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

July 29, 2006

New Adventure - Seattle WA


I arrived in Seattle a few days prior to connecting with the cycling group and starting the cross-country bike trip to hangout with Michael (l) and Brett (r). The flight to the west coast was fine. My plane arrived on time, Saturday evening around 9:45 PM. My luggage also arrived but my bike did not. Continental Airlines had no idea where my bike was, but assured me that when it did arrive, they would deliver it to Michael's and Brett's house. Okay no sweat, that evening, I tagged along with Michael and Brett to a birthday party with was lots of food and drink. The next morning, first thing, I contacted Continental again. They still did not know where my bike was and that's when I began to worry. I was schedule to cycle to Everett WA, a town 45 miles north of Seattle, to meet the other cyclists on the bike tour the following day, Monday. Not having a bike I didn't know what I was going to do - rent one or purchase a new one or not go on the trip? After multiple calls to the Continental Airline throughout the day, and almost a full day of fretting and aggravation of trying to decide what I'd do if the bike did not arrive, around 3 PM I called Continental to find out my alternatives, and they told me my bike arrived in Seattle - a huge sigh of relief.

No comments: