Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

August 11, 2006

Second Rest Day - Missoula, MT


Today was our second rest day. The Jeannette Rankin Peace Center in Missoula was the hub of our stay in town. One of its members, Ethel, served as our host, and the Peace Center sponsored a pot-luck dinner on our second evening in town.

My free day was spent fixing my computer. I called ahead and arranged for Dell to send a new key board to the Peace Center and for the technician to meet me there to repair it. Other than an inordinate number of phone calls arranging for the repair, the repair went off without a hitch. My computer is fixed. I spend the rest of the day catching-up on posts and organizing my pictures and trying to get my wireless internet card to function (which I was unsuccessful).

You can check out the link for the Jeannette Rankin Peace Center below. Posted on the site is the cost of the Iraq war. So far, it cost American taxpayers over 300 billion dollars, and for what? The money just as easily could have been spent on education and the domestic needs of the American people.

No comments: