Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

November 01, 2006

9:30 Club

I was musing about DC today. I'm planning a trip over the holidays. I must say, while there isn't much, one thing that I really do miss about DC is the 9:30 Club. Not only is it a relatively small, intimate venue, but it was also in walking distance, seven blocks, from where I lived. The short walk made work night concerts practical. Amongst my most memorable were: Massive Attack, Busta Rhyme, Pretenders, James, N.E.R.D., Black Eyed Peas, David Byrne, Rufus Wainwright, Sean Paul, Cowboy Junkies, and Ziggy Marley.

Other memorable concerts but at different venues in DC were: Mary J Bilge, Outkast, Lauren Hill, Tribe Called Quest, Morrissey, and Prince. The live music scene in the NYC/NJ area seems so disjointed. Or maybe its not. It might be that I haven’t gotten a handle on it, yet.

No comments: