Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

November 20, 2006

"Marketing Your Screenplay"

Since returning from cycling and Poland, I've mostly been procrastinating, but when I'm not I've been developing/writing a few screenplays. I've decided it's time to get some feedback on them, so I signed up for another course at NYU - "Marketing Your Screenplay". Hopefully, it will led me to the next step. It's only a short course, two Saturdays afternoons in early Dec, not a huge time commitment.

Course Description: You've completed a script and are ready to show it. What is the most effective way to get it into the hands of producers and agents? How do you write an effective query letter? How do you construct a treatment? How do you make sure you're submitting your most polished product? How do you best assess your own material with an eye to marketing it? A professional story analyst who works for major agents and studios addresses these questions and offers practical guidelines and suggestions using sample materials, reference sources, and insider recommendations.

No comments: