Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

August 29, 2007

Miss Teen USA - Questions (and Answers?!?)

NYTimes UPDATE:This time, the question was a little easier for Miss Teen South Carolina.

After being stumped by a Miss Teen USA pageant question on live television Friday night (above video), the 18-year-old got a chance to redeem herself subsequently on NBC's ''Today'' show when she was again asked why one-fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a map.

''I would love to re-answer that question,'' Upton said. ''Well personally, my friends and I, we know exactly where the United States is on our map. I don't know anyone else who doesn't. And if the statistics are correct, I believe there should be more emphasis on geography.''

That was much better than her previous response, which included ''U.S. Americans'' and mentions of South Africa and ''the Iraq.''

INSERT: ...and you wonder how George Bush got elected to a second term.

No comments: