Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

November 05, 2007

“Sea Man” Boat – Galapagos, Ecuador

 
For the past eight days, I’ve been living on the “Sea Man” boat (pictured above) with fifteen other guests and eight crew members. Each day we’d pile into two small “panga” boats (pictured below) and visit an island or two of the Galapagos Archipelago. We’d venture about with our guide, Galo, on sightseeing/“nature” walks. In between visiting the islands, I’d scuba dive. In total, I got to dive six times. I originally intended to exclusively scuba dive when booking the Galapagos excursion, but I’m glad I decided on the blend of nature walks and scuba diving. I thoroughly enjoyed the mix and have a much greater appreciation for Darwin’s theory of natural selection and evolution. Much of our guide’s mini-lectures were focused on this aspect of the islands. And I was able to compliment his mini-lectures by reading “Galapagos: A Natural History” by Michael H. Jackson.

 

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

As usual, I am sitting in my office and wondering why the hell I am not diving in the Galapagos with you...You are awesome and a real inspiration. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, love from all us, Alyssa, Avi, Sheli, Moore and Liam...

usfoodpolicy said...

Hey, Mike. In the top photo, I couldn't get a good view of your cruise ship. That other ratty old boat was in the way. Parke

usfoodpolicy said...

Seriously, your photos are stunning as always. Wish we were there. Greetings from Sarah, Isaac, and Keziah. Peace, Parke