Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

November 09, 2007

Banos, Ecuador

 
Upon leaving Quito and heading south we stayed overnight for two days a town called Banos. Lot of outdoor adventure activities were available, but I wasn’t felling well so I didn’t partake in any. Instead, I hang-out in my room writing and walked around town a bit. There as an amazing church in town, the hotel gardens outside my window were nicely landscaped. Ecuador, in generally, has very lush, mountainous landscapes.

 
In contrast, to my prior “Ultimate Asia” Overland trip in 2005 where the highlights were mostly archeological and historical sites, this trip seems to be centered on adventure and outdoor activities (trekking, camping, mountain biking, wildlife spotting, etc.), except of course for some of the archeological sites in Peru associated with the Inca.

 

No comments: