Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

January 03, 2008

Windy Camping – La Chalten, Argentina

 

 
The Fritz Roy Mountain Range located near Le Chalten - one of Patagonia’s premier traveler magnets - home to some of the world’s most dramatic mountain range. This small but fast-growing village is set in a pretty river valley. And pretty it is, but it is also windy - very WINDY. I’ve never camped in as much wind. At times during the night, the gusts would sometimes appear to be settling down, but then without warning pick-up again snapping the sides of the tent. It was impossible to sleep. I’d wake up every couple of hours and just listen to the wind blow and tent snap. Finally, round 3 am, I remembered I had my iPod ear plugs in my backpack. I put them in just to block out the noise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

two weeks and no updates, what have you been doing at night?