Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

March 12, 2008

Amazon.com Hip Hops

These things are so random, yet I was able to purchased all of them on Amazon.com

• JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds - White
• Baggu Reusable Shopping Tote - 3-Pack - Smoke
• Sweet Dreams Contoured Sleep Mask with Earplugs and Travel Pouch – Black
• 3 Pairs Coolmax Running/cycling Socks – Mostly White

It saves so much time. No more trips to the mall. No more mall parking lots, mall crowds, waiting in checkout lines, dealing with incompetent sales clerks, etc.

I must admit however, back in the day, 10 years ago or so, I didn’t think Amazon was going to succeed. I thought barriers-to-entry were too low in their business model and that they’d have numerous competitors chasing their heels. I was wrong. Contrary my expectations they did an excellent job of developing an infrastructure and staying in front of the technology curve. Now they regain supreme, at least in my book (and I buy a lot of books from them).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazon is great; however, I bought a pack of condoms on it and the damn things were too small and busted at the seam. I hope you don’t run into the same problem with your Baggu Reusable Shopping Tote - 3-Pack – Smoke.

Mike said...

I wasn’t actually planning on using the "Baggu Reusable Shopping Tote - 3-Pack – Smoke" as prophylactics, but you make a good point.