Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

April 13, 2008

On Being “Green”

The disposable plastic shopping bags were accumulating...

 
...so I purchased three reusable shopping totes.

 
Now every time, I pad out to the store, I grab my Cambodia purse, which not only contains the three reusable totes, but bunch of plastic produce bags that I reuse.
 
At first, I was a little timid to start this regiment. I live in a very working class neighborhood, where garbage is garbage, recyclable or not. But to my surprise, store owners and clerks have thanked me for bring my own bags. I guess it saves them money.

Encouraged by “green” effort, on my way out to the local takeout Chinese, I decided to take back the plastic quart soup container. You know get a refill, instead of a new container each time. They have been accumlating. I been eating a lot of Wanton Soup lately. Well the Chinese lady almost fell over, when I presented to her, then she couldn't stop laughing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My doctor has joined the "green" effort. At my physical last week, he had me and 2 other patients share 1 urine sample container. At first I couldn't stop laughing because one of the other patients was a 70 yr old man, but then I realized my dr. is doing what he can for a good cause and with that good deed on my mind I was able to flow it like a race horse.

The Rev Jester said...

Good deal, dude. Seattle recently passed a law for charging a fee for bags, plastic or otherwise. I love it!