Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

June 18, 2008

Iraq War

What makes the Iraq War really irksome is that during my travels, not just recently, but stemming back to my first trip abroad to Kenya in 1985, from my observation the majority of the inhabitants of this world (say about 85%, just a guess, of course) strive to be happy, raise families, and earn a living. Humans are humans regardless of what international borders they live within. It's the other 15% (just a guess, again) mostly governments and people seeking power that demonize the other governments, foreign governments and countries, and manipulate the people within their rule.

And certainly, throughout history there were times and places for wars, but from what I observed living, trying to earn a living, trying to raise a family, while a war is occurring outside your front door has to be one of the most psychologically debilitation human experiences. Every day wondering if you're going to live, if your family is going to live, if your profession and assets have meaning or value.

Sometimes I wish I never traveled and could demonize the people of the Middle East, like many Americas. But my travel experiences through Lebanon, Syria and Iran were amazing. Everybody that I met was extremely friendly and helpful, as I'm sure the people of Iraq were before the war. Then again, the people I met during my travels were "everyday" people not government officials. But what? The people of Iraq have to live under George W. Bush's mistake. Okay enuf. God, please grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change and the power to stop drinking and posting!

I really need to get out of the house more and interact with other people. I searched craigslist today and sent some emails out to filmmakers looking for film crews. I'm not sure how reliable craigslist is for this type of thing, but I'll soon find out.

No comments: