Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

August 31, 2008

McCain's or Obama's Economic Policies?

NYT writes: "CLEARLY, there are major differences between the economic policies of Senators Barack Obama and John McCain.

Data for the whole period from 1948 to 2007, during which Republicans occupied the White House for 34 years and Democrats for 26, show average annual growth of real gross national product of 1.64 percent per capita under Republican presidents versus 2.78 percent under Democrats.

...if history is a guide, an Obama victory in November would lead to faster economic growth with less inequality, while a McCain victory would lead to slower economic growth with more inequality."

Honestly, I really don't care much about the equality part, but I'm all for the faster economic growth.

In the past, I'd probably done better under the McCain policies, because of the inequalities, but because I'm not working anymore and collecting a sizeable pay check, McCain's policies don't work in my favor anymore.

But I guess if one like George W. Bushes economic policies than McCain is for you.

Details of the article are HERE

No comments: