Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

September 06, 2008

FW: ROUND II ANNOUNCEMENT

Email from Slamdance Screenwriting Contest

Congratulations!

If you are receiving this email, your script has moved on to the second round of the screenplay and shorts competition in this years 2008 Slamdance screenplay competition. The post will be on the website with your name and title at the end of day today.

If you have entered more than one screenplay, please view the website using this link for the specific title that has moved on. You will also find the third round announcement date (Sept. 30 2008) using the link.

Thank you for submitting to this years competition.
Best,
Joy

NOTE: There appears to be about 300 screenplays that have moved on to Round II, including both of mine, "Thou Shall Not" and "Growing Up Catholic". But I don't know what this means. I know last year approximately 2200 screenplays were submitted. If Round II represents the top 15%, I'd be very happy. At least, that means I'm on the right track. As far as advancing further, I don't have high expectations, my screenplays are very low-budget, independent and quirky, and not very conventional. Nevertheless, I'm glad to have made it this far.

No comments: