Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

December 07, 2008

4:30 AM

I just finished a three day film shoot on Coney Island. The call time was 6AM that meant I woke up at 4AM and was on the PATH at 4:30AM. Walking through the Newark Penn Station at 4:30AM was like walking through the Night of The Living Homeless. There was more people (all homeless from what I could tell) in the station at that time than there was at non-peak hours during the afternoon. And they spaced themselves throughout the train station. None of them stood next to each other. This made it even more eerier. I guess they wanted there own personal space. Walking to the second floor, I stepped over a minimum of ten homeless people. How did all these people become homeless? Why do I pay rent and they don't? I'm guessing some of them are mentally ill.

No comments: