Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

December 09, 2008

Another Film Shoot Finished

This time it was a short (15 minute) film and I was the film's locations manager. I spent the better part of four weeks on Coney Island, NY searching for and securing locations including beach and boardwalk, pizza joint, exterior bodega, library, hospital room, and apartment complex. I must admit it was A LOT of work for a short film, but hopefully the film will win some awards, who knows.

Today was the first day I had to myself. I headed to the gym, ran for an hour and a half, did laundry, went grocery shopping, cleaned, took my winter coat to the dry cleaners, watched two movies (Wanted & Kiss the Bride), made a things-to-do list and sorted through a bunch of minutiae on the web. I ALMOST feel complete again. Okay, maybe after a bottle of wine and another movie.

The short film that we shot is about Jimi who lives in the tenement house in Brooklyn, NY with his father Ces who is a disabled Iraqi war veteran, recently discharged and now paralyzed from the waist down. One day, when Jimi learns of mysterious Medicine Man that cured paralysis with medicine derived from a rare plant. Jim and his friend, Demetrius, embark on a journey far from home - deep into the heart of the Onondaga Nation, a bleak and mysterious Native American land in hopes they'll find the plant that might be able to repair nerve damage in Ces' back and in time could give him another chance to walk.

The picture above is a futuristic image of Coney Island.

No comments: