Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

February 19, 2009

This is A New One

Max Mutchnick the creator of Will and Grace on travel, gay parenting, and patience in the Huffington Post:
"I stood shoeless in front of the metal detector. Rose was in my arms. Her mouth open just a tiny bit and her eyes as wide as they've ever been in her hundred and thirty five days of life. Behind me was my husband. He held Evan...'Step through.' ...The TSA guard said it like he was talking to a prisoner. I did as I was told. My husband followed. He held a baby in one arm and four business class tickets in the other. The guard looked at the tickets, then looked at us, then looked at the tickets...A moment of silence. Rage started to well up inside of me in anticipation of the next question this giant with a badge was going to ask me. How was this man going to insult my family? In what way would he make me explain my difference? This is what he said: 'Where did you get them?'"
Read the entire article, it's very cute, especially the part about the "Giant".

No comments: