Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

March 31, 2009

Comfort Zone or Getting Old, or Maybe Both

For the last year, I've only frequented two take away joints: a Chinese place where I get wanton soup and white rice, and an Italian place where I get a sausage sub or large chef salad. My dilemma is that there's a bunch of other mom & pop shops/delis/restaurants nearby.

I've contemplated checking them out, but each time I convince myself not to, because of:

1. What I don't like what I order?
2. What if it's not satisfying?
3. What if I get sick?
4. What if it too fatty?

Ugh, it's clearly the fear of the unknown. It's so much easier to stay in a comfort zone and repeat, or to "tranquilize with the mundane and trivial".

But then what if I'm missing out on something new and it's really good. Is it worth trying? But then if I find something new and I really like it, what if it's fattening, then I'd have to spend more time in the gym. Ugh.

No comments: