Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

June 05, 2010

Using Parsley and Garlic to Flavor Lamb


I love lamb. Next to squid it's my favorite meat. I often walk to the other side of the tracks (literally) about 10 blocks to get grilled "meat" as the locals call it (but it's really lamb) from Mimi's African Restaurant. I stopped buying meat and cooking it myself (because mostly for weight reasons, yes, I'm obsessed with my health), but sometimes (about once or twice a week, when I have a craving) I venture out to a neighborhood restaurant to purchase it already cooked. Uncooked meat really kinda grosses me out.


Oh this is cool. Searching for Mimi's African Restaurant, I stumbled on this website. They write: "The goal of this journey is to find cuisines from every United Nations member state, within New York City limits, in alphabetical order." Wow, that's impressive.

Here's what they wrote about: Mimi’s African Restaurant (55 William Street, Newark, NJ 07102).
Just a little bit outside of downtown Newark’s commercial district, Mimi’s shared a quiet block with an electronics shop displaying Nollywood DVDs in the window and a hair salon. Two women were grilling corn and shish kabob on what looked like a Weber outside. We guessed that the restaurant itself might have been a converted Chinese place because the seating area was a small square with a few table and because the menu was displayed on a back-lit board above the counter. French commentators were deconstructing the triumphs and failures of Fidel Castro on the television set mounted in the corner.
Very accurate.

No comments: