Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

July 08, 2010

Work

Work is going great. It's only been four and a half weeks, but I'm learning a lot. The company has an internal learning module site that explains most of the internal policies and methodologies. And while I'm learning the internal culture and operations, much of what I'm doing, I've done before. So basically, I'm just applying my knowledge on a much grander scale within a new corporate culture paradigm.

My life style is a lot easier now. I don't get up every morning, sit in front of the compute, force myself to write and struggle not to surf the web. Now I go to bed by 9 pm, wake up at 4 am, read for an hour, jog a couple of miles, cool down, stroll into work about 7:30 am, most others don't arrive until 9:30. I have an hour and a half of quality work time. Then I stroll out around 6, meander home, study a bit, hang out with the housemates, or sometimes catch a movie, and head to bed again around 9 pm. No hassles.

The only down side at work, there is an exodus occurring. Four people have resigned in the past four weeks, and they asked to me to take on additional responsibility, but I've only been there a short time. I really don't know the ins and outs of the place. It should be interesting.

No comments: