Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

October 22, 2010

I Struggled

I wanted a way to make a cup of coffee in my room at 5 am before running. I didn't want to tramp downstairs into the kitchen, start the coffeemaker, and then wait for the coffee to brew, before heading back upstairs to prepare for running. This machine was the obvious answer, it can easily fit in my room, on my desk. And the coffee can be purchased in pre-measured, cup-size, plastic containers that pollute the environment. No need to measure the coffee every morning. No filters. No mess.
Ideally, I'd prefer to purchase bulk coffee, grind it and slowly percolate it in a Italian coffeemaker, so not to pollute the environment daily, but time and connivence are factors, as well as consistence. It's that why fast food has become so popular - quick, easy, cheap and always the same, just as you remembered. No mess in the kitchen.

Well, I struggled, and ultimately, I purchased one of these machines. Now every morning I conveniently drink the perfect cup of coffee and add plastic coffee containers to the earth's landfills. Hey there are 7 billion other humans also polluting the planet, what's one more!

No comments: