Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

March 30, 2017

Southern Tier - San Diego CA to St Augustine CA


First Day - March 26th - Pacific Ocean behind me. Hopefully in 6 to 7 weeks the Atlantic Ocean will be behind me. 


The first two days killed me. The first day, I cycled 37 miles to Alpine, and the second day 47 miles to Jacumba Hot Springs. The bike was new. The saddle was new. The shoes were new. The irritation on my butt and feet turned to blisters which I covered with moleskin, hopefully they'll start turning to calluses! WHOOT!


First night of glamping in Alpine!


Next Mexico border.


Second day wasn't any better - my legs, butt and feet were sore. The winds were also brutal.  I didn't want to head down the hill with the winds. 


Next morning, the winds died down, I spent the evening in the hot tub, and started out the morning with a Burrito Breakfast. Carbs to live by....


Rarely are cyclist allowed to ride on the interstate. However, there were no alternative routes over 2 passes. So cyclist were allowed ...


The third night, I camped in El Centro. I also met 3 other cyclist cycling the same route. 


The Glamis Desert was scenic. Could have done without the sand blowing and sticking to my chain though....


Desert Wildflowers!


My best friend while cycling...


Another good cycling friend...



No comments: