Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

August 24, 2018

Cornell Grad School Friend's Reunion

Meeting up with Bart (from Belgium, now living in Ethiopia) and Tebogo (from Botswana, also living in Botswana, where I visited him earlier this year), both prior classmates from Cornell, for a reunion weekend the corresponded with Alfred's (also from Cornell) and Grace's Wedding was a lot of fun.  Since I was the only one familiar with Nairobi, and I enjoyed the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and Giraffe Center  on my previous visit, I took them there.  

We also visited the National Art Gallery which is largely a result of the effort of  Joseph Murumbi and Nairobi National Museum which contained an impressive collection of early human archeological finds "cradle of mankind" from Kenya.  Lastly, we visited the Florida Night Club, a nightclub I visited twice before when visiting Kenya in 1985 and 1994.  Overall, there was  lots of laughing, reminiscing on old times, catching up on each other's lives, food and beer. 










No comments: