Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

October 31, 2019

Malabo City Tour

I contacted Ruta47 travel agency and they quote US$375 for a full day tour of Malabo.  If I paid full price for this city tour, I would have been furious!! There's nothing to this city. I took a local taxi for the hotel to down town. It cost about $2. Then I walked around the city, but here wasn't much to see.

Equatorial Guinea has virtually no tourism. The english speaking tourist that the country receives are mostly associated with American Oil Companies. I suspect the country will have to eventually open to tourist to earn foreign currency, if oil prices continue to say low. At that point, tourism demand should increase and more competition between the tour companies should drive prices down.  Until then there isn't a lot of reasonably priced tour options within Equatorial Guinea.


Palacio Presidencial 


Cathedral of Saint-Isabel of Malabo


Local Port


Random building requiring repair 


Local Art 


Proper seasoning is always key to delicious seafood. This restaurant knew how to season properly. The cassava ribbons were excellent too!

No comments: