Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

September 22, 2026

 


20th Anniversary!  On September 22, 2006,  we arrived in Washington DC concluding our cross-country cycling trip from Seattle to DC with “Bike for Peace”! So many great memories! Such a great experience! 

Final Stats:

Miles Ridden: 3,476

Average Miles per day of Cycling: 81*

Days of Cycling: 43 

Hours of Pedaling: 282

Average Speed: 12.63

Money Saved on Gas: $825.67

Beginning Weight: 198

Ending: Weight: 185

Number of Convenience Stores or Gas Marts Frequented: 107

Would I do it again: Yes, most definitely

Would I do it a second time: Probably not (but I eventually did in 2017)


Top Ten Questions Asked

  1. Where ya headed? Washington DC
  2. When will you get there? September 22th
  3. Where'd you come from? Seattle, WA
  4. How long will it take you? 7 weeks
  5. When did you start? August 1st
  6. How many miles do you cycle a day? An average of 81
  7. What’s your cause (or disease)? A: Peace (hence: bike4peace.org)
  8. What do you do that you can take off so much time from work? I’m unemployed
  9. Where are you from? New Jersey
  10. Where do you sleep? Host Families, Churches, Camp Grounds

*There’s absolutely no way I could cycle an average of 81 miles per day over 43 days today! 

No comments: