Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

October 24, 2007

All Set

Having finished putting a vacation hold on my gym membership and netflix accounts, downgrading internet service, washing clothes, packing, changing phone voicemail message, unplugging miscellaneous appliances, locking the windows, turning off the refrigerator and hotwater heater, setting the thermostat to 50 degree, confirming my flight, I'm ready! All I have to do is call a cab and lock the door behind me. Sometime this evening I'll be in Quito, Ecuador.

The hardest part yesterday was sorting out my electricity, minimizing cords and finding the correct adaptors. With a laptop, iPod, SLR still camera, video camera, and iPod speakers in tow, I think I've done that. While energy is always available, typically there aren't many outlets in the hotel rooms. Optimizing outlet usage is essential, especially when sharing with two and sometime three people and their power needs.

Last night I also downloaded some Spanish language lessons to my iPod to listen during the flight. However, I'm sure I'll just watch movies.

When I arrive in Quito, other than a whitewater rafting trip on Saturday, my schedule is basically free until Monday when I board the "yacht" on sail around the Galapagos.

No comments: