Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

October 25, 2007

Quito, Ecuador

I’ve successfully arrived in Quito yesterday. The weather last night was a little cooler than I expected, but today it warmed up considerable. Today, I spent the day taking it easy, waking around the city, visited a boring museum, practiced some Spanish (I downloaded a couple of lesson to my iPod), and read a few chapters in the Galapagos Islands book.

Tomorrow should be similar, sightseeing, wondering, reading and listening to Spanish lessons. I scheduled a whitewater rafting trip for Saturday, which is a GO provided they find one more participant. They need a minimum of four; currently there are only four of us.

On Monday the boat trip around the Galapagos Islands begins. It will be for eight days, including underwater six dives. I tried to schedule more, but because of time limits I couldn’t. Most of the time, we’ll be sailing between the islands, hiking on them and visiting research stations.

I met the group leader for my South American Explorer trip on my flight over yesterday. That trips starts on Nov 8 in Quito. The group leader said the truck is at capacity, meaning there are 21 participants (strangers) and all the participants (strangers) will be on the truck for the entire duration of the trip. That is from Quito on Nov. 8th to Rio de Janeiro on Feb. 1st. Three months with the same strangers, after which I sure will not be strangers.

Time to go find some food and a bottle for later, while watching Spanish language TV in my hotel room!!

No comments: