Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

July 19, 2008

Movie Set Life

We're a little over half way completed filming the movie "YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN VIOLENT". The film suggests a rural “Kids” meets “Fight Club.” The logline is: kids are forced to participate in a secret fight club run by town officials. Check out the website and IMDB for more info.

I’ve been working on the same production since June 28th. It's expected to come to an end on July 27th. While things have been chaotic at times, I've been learning a lot. I've been doing a variety of things, many of witch may sound boring, but it’s been a lot of fun, because mostly it’s been an unveiling of the movie making shroud for me personally. Things I've been involved with:

1) Assisting with casting call.
2) Liaison between SAG (Screen Actor’s Guild) and the film’s production company.
3) Facilitating contracts between cast and crew and film’s attorney.
4) Calculating weekly payroll and forwarding to the film’s accountant.
5) Scouting set locations (ext. house, ext. bar, small rural town).
6) Post short location videos on blogsite to share with crew members.

I've also been helping out on set, but not a lot, mostly because I need to be near an internet connection and in contact with SAG, the film’s accountant and attorney, and I've been driving around NJ scouting film locations, etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see:
7) re-writing the script for end of the movie

Mike said...

No I like the end of this script. It didn't need a re-write.