Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

January 26, 2009

"Flat Stanley" Visits Coney Island & NY Aquarium




"My Day with Flat Stanley"

During our day together, Flat Stanley and I visited Coney Island and the New York Aquarium.

To get there, Flat Stanley and I took the subway. When we first arrived, we visited the Famous Coney Island Amusement Park where the "Cyclone" is located. The "Cyclone" is a wooden roller coaster was built in 1927. It is one of the nation's oldest wooden coasters still in operation. Being winter, however, the amusement park was closed. After visiting the amusement park, Flat Stanley and I visited the beach and the Atlantic Ocean, but we only stayed for a few minutes because it was very cold.

Next to the beach was the New York Aquarium. It was Flat Stanley's first time to visit the New York Aquarium, as well as mine. We both like it a lot. And while we got there late, we didn't see any of the shows, we did get to see many kinds of underwater fish, sharks, turtles and walruses. The underwater sea turtles and sharks were my favorite. I think Flat Stanley like the walrus the best.

After visiting Coney Island and the NY Aquarium, Flat Stanley and I took the subway to Manhattan, NY and visited the M&M store. At the M&M store we took some pictures and ate some M&Ms. The green M&Ms my favorite. After the M&M store we took the subway home, back to Newark, NJ.

No comments: