Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

April 26, 2017

Southern Tier - New Orleans


I made it to Louisiana via car not bike. I was a little disappointed.  Basically, my bike trip has turned into a road trip for the time being, but I'm getting to see part of the U.S. that I've never seen before. Plus I have a lot more time and flexibility. If I was still cycling I would not of had the time to visit New Orleans. 

While in New Orleans, I met up with my sister-in-law's sister who lives there.  I attended her Buddhist chanting session, then we went out to a bottomless mimosas brunch (hence shrimp and grits below), then to the WW2 museum, after which we walked through the French Quarters via Bourbon Street and lastly drove around the city checking out the architecture and universities. It was a fun day!


My first stop was 30 minutes south of New Orleans for an airboat ride through the "swamps".  The guide, a 20-something native was very entertain.  We saw a bunch of fairly large alligators.  The swamps were absolutely beautiful with all the Spanish moss hanging off the trees. 




The #1 "thing to do" in New Orleans per trip advisor is to visit the WW2 museum.  If you are someone who is really into guns, fighter planes, war, etc. this place would be an amazing place to visit.  Since I'm not, I left early.





Shrimp and Grits



No comments: