Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

November 15, 2017

The Market - Fes, Morocco

I've noticed my first impressions of a county that I'm visiting is influenced a little on which country I previously visited, especially if the two countries are significantly different. For example walking around Dubai, UAE after spending ten days in Bhutan made me smile when I mentally compared how the citizens of the two countries lived. 

Walking around this old school market in Fes after spending the previous fews days in London had me consciously reminding myself that these markets are "real" where local people actually shop and aren't just setup for the tourist.  My second thought or is this market just for tourist, but after close examination it definitely wasn't. I'd say at least 85% of the shoppers are local. And what was even stranger, a large European supermarket, Carrefour is located just 2.5 kilometers away.  Two very different type of markets at complete opposite ends of the shopping spectrum. 











No comments: