Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

November 12, 2017

St. John's

St. John London in the UK is listed as 91st in the 2017 top restaurants in the world. It's an interesting place. It's taken old school British food and is serving it with flare.  The food is definitely old school. 


Roasted Bone Morrow and Parsley Salad



Deviled Kidneys on Toast 


Lots of history


Cold Middlewhite and Dandelion 


Pint of Ale


Lamb Faggots and Suede 

"St. John’s cooking is famously full-on, but also sophisticated, concocting flavours that are delicate as well as rich. Perhaps as influential, however, has been its almost defiantly casual style: a Michelin-starred restaurant for people who run from the very idea." - Timeout

During lunch, by coincidence I met two people that I worked with at GE.  They were based in London. At GE, our meetings were mostly by conference call. I didn't recognize one of the two, at least not until he talked.  He sounded familiar. I thought to myself, he sounds like someone from GE.  I couldn't think of his name.  I dismiss it.  Then I glance at the another guy with him.  He looked familiar. I've definitely met him before.  Eventually, I said "hi".  They were both former GE employees. 

No comments: