Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

November 13, 2017

Made it to Morocco, EVENTUALLY

I made it to Morocco faster than expected, because I missed my original flight to Rock of Gibraltar and the fights the following day were all booked. Instead, I flew ahead to Fes Morocco and booked myself into a quaint hotel.  In two days, the overland truck and the "group" will arrive in Fex.  I'll join them then. On the bright side, I have two days to myself to relax and organizationally prepare for the Trans Africa trip, which I desperately need.

Why did I missed the plane? All I can say is that I "spaced". I thought the flight was at 7pm, when it was 7am.  I always had it in my head the group would be leaving London on 11th November after a group meeting, which I assumed we would have.  During a two week whirlwind tour of Europe (London, Amsterdam, Luxembourg City and Copenhagen), I received the flight ticket from the tour company. The email did not mentioned a meeting, but the ticket indicated the flight was scheduled for 7 o'clock. And I logged it in my head as 7pm.  I even checkin the night before online. I downloaded and printed my boarding pass.  The boarding pass said 7 o'clock. I should have realize if the flight was at 7pm the ticket should have read 19 o'clock. It did not register.

In retrospect to make the mishap worse, another passenger even messaged me the night before and said he was staying overnight near the airport. In my head I said that's odd; what is he gonna do all day at the airport? The flight is at 7pm. The next day, I got up early, went jogging and then to my friend's son's football game followed by the farmer's market for lunch.  While purchasing lunch, I got an email. Are you okay? Where are you? The flight left at 7am without you.

The nine days in the U.S. visiting family and friends, followed by two weeks in Northern Europe were exhausting.  I planned everything myself, plus "perhaps" I tried to squeeze too much into such a short time period.  I'm looking forward to the Trans Africa trip to slow my life down a bit. Many days will be just sitting in the back of the truck reading - I have a kindle huge reading list - and in the evening camping without WiFi or electricity.

Now I have two days to chill and relax by myself...



Indoor Pool when I arrived. 

Private breakfast by the indoor pool the next morning. It all works out in the end. 

No comments: