Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

May 31, 2018

Stone Town City, Zanzibar

The first time I visited Zanzibar was back in 1993. At that time the population of the island was about a half a million people. Now it's about 1.5 million people. The additional population was most notable. I also remembered cobble stone walk ways in 1993. Since then they have been paved over with tarmac. I also remember the open air evening food stands being located on the beach. This time they were located in a park near the water. Nevertheless, I still find the island enchanting. It still one of my favorite places on earth, even though stone town needs a lot of capital improvement.


This palace reminded me a lot of the palace on Mozambique Island. It has the same eastern/arabic influenced furniture and decor.




New to Stone Town was a slave museum. Visiting it filled in a knowledge gap of my East Africa slave trade. I previously learned a lot about the East African slave trade from a slave museum in Qatar and my Mozambique Island visit.





Freddy Mercury's House - Lead singer of Queen



No comments: