Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

October 10, 2019

Popina Restaurant

From Eater.com "A romantic restaurant in the enchanting Neve Tzedek neighborhood, everything about Popina is experience-driven: the ingredients, immaculate plating, modernist techniques, and open kitchen. Chat with young gun chef Orel Kimchi and he will design a tasting menu." Based on this recommendation and the fact that the restaurant was only a 5 minute walk from my AirBnB, I gave it a go. The food was extremely fresh and only very lightly seasoned. As usually I got the tasting  menu, and my two favorite dishes were dishes that I would never have ordered myself. Thank you tasting menu for the exposure to food I wouldn't ordinarily choose, but enjoyed a lot. 


Melon Grass 
Vodka, Melon, Cucumber and Lemon Grass Syrup 


Gin & Tonic Tartar 
Fresh Fish Cubes, Shallots, Chives, Cucumber, Wasabi Tobiko, Gin & Tonic Jelly, Green Coulis 


 Shrimp Burger
Steamed Bun, Shrimp Patty, Yuzu Aioli, Crispy Lettuce & Pickled Red Onion


“Corn Dog” 
 Scallop and Shrimp “Sausage” Rolled in Corn Flour, Kale, Sweet Corn Polenta, Reduced Pedro Ximenez 


Veal Cheek Rottolo 
Kohlrabi Cream, Lamb Sweetbreads, Shimeji Mushrooms, Swiss Chard, Roasted Almonds


Pumpkin Jam Ravioli 
 Amaretto, Foie Gras, Roasted Almonds & Truffle Foam 


 Chocolate Mousse 



No comments: