Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

December 08, 2018

Day 14 - City Tour Hanoi

I had the morning free, and filled it with an independent City Tour.

First stop was Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. I’ve seen Mao’s body in Beijing and Lenin’s body in Moscow, so decided to visit. I got there at 8am. The line was huge, but it only took an hour to get inside. However, when I left at 9:30am there was almost no line, probably would have only waited 20 minutes. The line moves very fast.



Below Ho Chin Minh's very basic stilted house. The simple modest house symbolized his values.  


Next stop was Imperial Citadel of Thang Long. The sight has a UNESCO heritage designation for it’s historical history, but it was, more recently, headquarters for Vietnamese’s wars the French and American. I wished I could have spent more time exploring. There was lots of exhibit labeling, but my time was limited.





My last stop before heading to the airport was Hoa Lo Prison (Hanoi Hilton) – Again, I didn’t have much time, but it was worth the visit. They really treated the American P.O.W. there very well while captives, considering they were prisoners.





No comments: