Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

March 29, 2018

iPad and Computer Issues

At one of the last bush camps in Angola, I accidentally pressed down on my iPad screen while entering the tent and crushed the screen.  I spent a lot of time in Windhoek try to get my screen replaced.  The repair shop couldn't fix it.  Upon arriving in Johannesburg, I purchased a new one at and Apple Store.   For about a two period, I had limited access to my Netflix download and Kindle books. 



To make issues worse, about the same time my computer died. It wouldn't boot up. I also took it to the Apple Store. They said it was dead and that I'd probably had to purchase a new one.  But I decided to wait until Cape Town to purchase a new one.  I got through the angst of spending $2K for a new MacBook Air.  Before purchasing it, I took it to the genius bar in Cape Town's Apple store to get a second option.  In about 3 minutes the "genius" re-booted my computer. It was absolute fine.  Evidently, the power needed to be connected and the recent combination of key had to be pressed when the power light blinked.  The guy at the Johannesburg evidently didn't know that!!! I was so happy not to have to purchase a new computer.  


No comments: