Collect Experiences. Not Things. :')

February 09, 2008

MisAdventures

In early 2005, seeking a break from work and the mundane, I escaped DC to meander around Asia and Australia for nine months. The trip was the inspiration for this blog. The countries that I visited: Turkey, Syria, Jordon, Egypt, Iran, India, Nepal, Tibet, China, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Australia

The following summer, still meandering, I cycled across the U.S. from West to East with bike4peace.org and then visited Poland with my father. His parent emigrated from there post-WW1 and never returned.

The spring of 2007 inspired another cycling trip from South to North along the Underground Railroad Route. The logic being why not, I already owned the bike and the gear.

During the fall of 2007, I escaped to South America for four months, visiting: Ecuador, Galapagos Islands, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina and Brazil.

Now I'm back in NJ. Doing what? As Joseph Cambell would say "I'm following my bliss". I'm TRYING to be a screenwriter/filmmaker.  What does that mean, exactly?... In a year or so, I'll be looking for a job in Financial Modeling again!

2009 included a Sustainable Agriculture and Urban Garden Trip to Cuba. A goal of mine was to visit Cuba before Castro died and I achieved it.

2010 I visited my final continent, Antarctica, along with a trip to Russia with my nephew.

In early 2010 the BLISS was almost over, as I set out to find a real job once again. Actually, I started looking forward to some structure back in my life (aka like a "normal" person, but perhaps not that normal).

In 2011, I traveled to Iceland to scuba dive, and to Norway, Greenland and Iceland (again) aboard a Arctic Cruise and one additional scuba trip to Belize.

In 2012 while still working full time I squeezed in dog sledding trip to Ontario, Canada, a scuba diving trip to Palau, Thanksgiving in Florida and a climb/hike up Mt. Aconcagua, plus a side trip to Rapa Nui (Easter Island).

Working full-time limited my adventure time. Only 3 trips in 2013: a trip to Japan, the Red Sea specifically to dive, and Spain with my niece.

2014 included trips to ParisCentral America and scuba diving off of Socorros Islands, Mexico and numerous weekend trips to Ivy Universities

2015 included weekend trips to Philadelphia, Toronto, Los Angeles, Charleston, Georgia, Hartford and scuba diving in Garden of the Queen, Cuba and a short hop to Panama before scuba diving off Cocos Island, Costa Rica.

2016 included a trip to Paraguay and Uruguay, a weekend in Nashville; a Maine Summer Trip; mountain climbing/hiking up Mt.Elbrus in RussiaGreat White Shark Cage Diving, Guadalupe, Mexico; Thanksgiving in the Pacific Northwest and a trip to Jackson Pollock's studio.  2016 also included a helicopter flying lesson, sky diving, a Mary J. Blige concert, and Rihanna concert

2017 will be the start of a two years travel adventure, starting with Southern Tier Cross Country Cycling, Eastern Europe, Sailing the Greek Islands, Mongolia, Silk Route, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Middle East, UK, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark and a Trans Africa Trip, which will continue until July 2018.

The Trans Africa Trip finished early August 2018, afterward I returned to the USA, then headed to my friend's Alfred's wedding in Nairobi, Comoros, Djibouti, South Sudan, Silk Road (Western China), South Korea, Toga to swim with the humpback mommy whales and their babies, South Pacific, Singapore, Myanmar, cycling in Vietnam, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Timor-Leste (for Xmas), Bali (for New Year).

2019 starts out with trips to Borneo,  Brunei,  New Zealand, Iraq Cyprus, Malta, Libya, Tunisia, 4 Small European Countries, Algeria, Cabo Verde, Somalia, Eritrea, Madagascar, Mauritius, Afghanistan, Seychelles, DRC, Finland, Sweden, NorwayItaly, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Palestine, Yemen, Equatorial Guinea, Sao Tomé & Príncipe, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Trinidad & Tebogo, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, and Columbia.

2020 started out strong, Hawaii, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Mali, Burkina Faso, Maldives, Chad, Central African Republic, Niger then COVID HIT!!!  New Jersey and Connecticut! 


2021first trip during COVID was to Yemen, Mexico City, Isle de Mujeres, Idaho, Antigua and Barbuda, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Grenada, Dominica, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia. 


2022 starts with back to Africa - South Sudan, Timbuktu, Liberia - then Philippines were I finally caught COVID, next Spain Degustation "Foodie" Tour, hopefully Venezuela and Jamaica.


Adventure plans for 2023, swimming with Sperm Whales in Dominica, the back to back trips to Haiti and Dominica Republic. 


Other highlights of this blog include: Toilet Diary ; Seven Wonders of the World; my other interests ArtHorticulture, Broadway Shows, Aquariums and Scuba Trips; highlights of family and friends Undergrad FriendsDC FriendsReine Family, and hanging with T'Shawn.


No comments: